Infectious Pathogen Control in Other Areas
HEPA Air Cleaning and Recirculation for Infectious Pathogen Control in Potential Risk Areas
The use of Abatement Technologies® HEPA-CARE® Air Purification Systems as recirculating air cleaners can also provide significant infection control benefits in other areas of a health care facility where potentially infectious patients may be treated or where setting up negative pressure containment may be impractical. In these applications, the HEPA-CARE System functions in a pressure-neutral mode, continuously removing pathogens and other airborne particles from the air, and recirculating the filtered air back into the same space.
The HEPA-CARE filtration system purifies “dirty”, contaminant laden air by pulling it through two filter stages:
- A 2” MERV 8 particulate pre-filter treated with microbial growth inhibitor to capture visible airborne particulates
- A pharmaceutical-grade, Type A HEPA filter tested and certified to capture at least 99.99% of microscopic particles 0.3 microns in size
Reduce Airborne Pathogen Count for More Effective Infection Control
Operating HEPA-CARE HEPA Filtration Systems continuously in at-risk areas as high-efficiency recirculating air cleaners to reduce airborne pathogen counts helps accomplish two primary infection control objectives:
- Lower pathogen counts reduce inhalation risks for other patients, medical personnel or visitors in that area
- Although not as effective as negative pressure containment, using continuous air cleaning and recirculation to lower airborne pathogen counts does reduce the risk of hospital-acquired infections and infectious particle migration into other parts of the facility
Hospital and healthcare spaces where HEPA-CARE air purification systems are commonly used in a recirculation mode for airborne infection control include:
- Patient Admittance Areas
- ER Waiting Rooms
- Patient Treatment Rooms
- Surgical Centers
- Outpatient Clinics
- Doctors Offices and Waiting Rooms
HEPA-CARE Portable Air Purification Models
Portable HEPA-CARE models roll quietly to wherever they are needed at a moments notice. Used for days, weeks or months at a time, these highly mobile units provide the greatest flexibility at the lowest possible cost.
State-of-the-art portable HEPA-CARE models include:
- HEPA-CARE HC800F Air Purification System - Our most popular and powerful portable HEPA filtration system for infectious pathogen control
- HEPA-CARE HC600F Air Purification System - Our smallest and lightest portable HEPA filtration system
- HEPA-CARE HC600FUV Air Purification System - UVGI disinfection and HEPA air purification combined in a compact, lightweight package
HEPA-CARE Ceiling-Mount Air Purification Model
The ceiling-mounted HEPA-CARE HC800C mounts flush with the ceiling grid for permanent installation. The unit is completely out of the way of patients and staff with controls that can be located remotely.
- HEPA-CARE HC800C Ceiling-Mounted HEPA Air Purification System - The perfect solution for fixed or permanent locations or where floor space is limited
Speak with a Healthcare Air Purification Specialist
Click to view a HEPA-CARE animation operating in continuous air cleaning and recirculation mode. Learn more about using Abatement HEPA-CARE Systems for creating Negative Pressure or Positive Pressure Infectious Patient Isolation Rooms. See how Abatement HEPA-CARE systems convert hospital “flat-space” into Patient Cohorting Isolation. Find out how HEPA-CARE Systems can be used to create Off-Site Mass Patient Isolation Areas.
Call Abatement Technologies at 800-634-9091 (U.S.) or 800-827-6443 (Canada) and ask to speak with a Healthcare Air Purification Specialist about your airborne infection control and air cleaning requirements.