Cost-Effective HEPA-Filtration Systems Increase Emergency Patient Isolation Surge Capacity in Healthcare Facilities
Each season brings the potential for severe weather that can lead to natural disasters. A storm such as Hurricane Katrina and widespread flooding of New Orleans reminds us that natural disasters have the potential to create public health emergencies with a surge of patients requiring infectious patient isolation. Healthcare providers may need to respond quickly with emergency response measures such as increased isolation surge capacity.
HEPA Filtration Systems for Converting Hospital Rooms into Negative Pressure Patient Isolation Rooms
Used in thousands of health care facilities, Abatement Technologies® HEPA-filtered, HEPA-CARE® Air Filtration Systems are designed to help protect patients and staff from exposure to potentially hazardous airborne pathogens. These state-of-the-art, infection control solutions are used to quickly and economically convert regular hospital rooms and other hospital areas into CDC-compliant negative pressure isolation rooms.
HEPA-CARE Filtration Systems include:
- HEPA-CARE Portable Air Purification Models - Portable models roll easily to wherever they are needed at a moment’s notice and provide the greatest flexibility
- HEPA-CARE Ceiling-Mounted Air Purification Model - Unit installs into the ceiling grid for permanent patient room installation
- Additional Particle Control Products- Additional products for effective in-room patient isolation
HEPA Filtration Systems for Converting Flat-Space or Off-Site Facilities into Large Patient Isolation Areas
Abatement Technologies HEPA-filtered, HEPA-AIRE® Portable Air Scrubber Systems are ideal for converting facility flat-spaces, large off-site spaces or isolation tents into infectious patient isolation areas. Using negative pressure, these powerful air scrubbers have the airflow necessary to contain airborne pathogens and particles within the isolation area, and capture them in a certified 99.99% efficiency Type A HEPA filter to prevent particle migration.
HEPA-AIRE Portable Air Scrubber Systems include:
- HEPA-AIRE PAS5000HC Portable Air Filtration System - Delivers the power and capacity to purify the air in the largest of spaces
- HEPA-AIRE PAS2400HC Portable Air Filtration System - The most powerful, mobile 120-volt unit available
Portable Anteroom Modules
Abatement Emergency Anteroom Modules are used to create a transition zone between “clean” areas, such as the common hallway, and “dirty” areas where patients are isolated.
Portable Anteroom Modules include:
- AIRE GUARDIAN® Portable Anteroom Module - Frame-and-fabric structure provides an in-corridor anteroom solution
- ANTE UP® Inflatable Emergency Anteroom - Inflates in minutes to create a highly convenient and easy to store anteroom solution
Bed Isolation Module
The ISOQUAD® IQ200 Bed Isolation Module further expands surge capacity by isolating infectious patients in any size bed or gurney.